Pssst. “A Storm of Stories” is coming. You can check out the cover, the first chapter, and the backjacket before it hits the shelves. Maybe even get your hands on a free copy if you vote at www.tinyurl.com/vote4astormofstories. Hopefully this will be the worst kept secret ever.
Publishing has always been a competitive sport, but there’s a new play in my indie game: I’m giving Kindle Scout a try. I’ve entered my new book, “A Storm of Stories” into a reader-powered competition for a Kindle Press contract and I’m hoping for your nominations
Kindle Scout is kind of like the “American Idol” for books. You vote on your favorites, but ultimately the judges/editors/Amazon gods pretty much decide. Many enter, few win. It’s cutthroat and no one really knows how it really works, but it has the potential to be a new chapter in the Indie Revolution.
I don’t know that “A Storm of Stories” fits their criteria to a T, so I’m not holding my breath. But in any case, a month of free advertising prior to release sounds good to me, and “A Storm of Stories” is coming soon regardless of whether it’s published by Kindle Press or Crimson Cloud Media LLC.
I’ve had a couple of friends ask me how they can help with my Kindle Scout campaign. Any of the following would be great.
2. Post on social media that you voted for “A Storm of Stories” and include the link. Share on social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, whatever platform suits your fancy.
3. Like and share posts about it on Facebook. Facebook is fickle about what it shows people these days. Every little like helps.
4. Email your friends about it. Your enemies too.
5. Talk to your friends about it and encourage them to nominate the book.
6. If you’re lucky enough to have one, talk to your book club about voting for “A Storm of Stories.” I also do appearances, if they are interested.
7. Let me know if you have any other ideas in terms of how to promote it. I’ll be honest. I have no idea what I’m doing. Nobody does really, because I’ve searched the Internet looking for ideas on Kindle Scout and there isn’t much there yet. That’s the exciting thing about being part of the Indie Revolution. It’s that new.
8. Please let me know that I got your vote, so I can thank you properly.